Wednesday 30 May 2018

THE PLAN



Architectural Plan:



The Guggenheim, Frank Gehry 


An existing architectural plan created by a reputable architect was selected from which to draw inspiration for the design of our bridge. I opted to use Gehry's Guggenheim as I was intrigued by the interesting shapes and patterns created in the plan. 


Massing Model: 



From there I created a massing model by tracing shapes and extruding them up to get a better idea of the spaces and how the interact with one another. Programming was then assigned to make these functional spaces. A number of these forms were retained in the final design of my bridge, including the pink square blocks, red curved structures and blue jagged edged building. 


Flipped Section: 


Then I flipped the plan into section in order to better understand it in three dimensions. The parts of this exercise that I retained for use in my design was the idea of stacked elements and the wrapping green that threads through and connects all of the different spaces. 


Final Plan:  


Finally, I created a complete plan for my bridge Architecture school  by combining elements of all three exercises into one beautiful and functional space.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment