Thursday 21 June 2018

DESIGN PROGRESSION



Moving Elements: 

After the creation of the massing model, I then began to develop each of the individual building facades in more detail. Firstly, I considered the two moving elements that I wanted to include in my design. I started my sketching out my general ideas. 





From here I started developing these in SketchUp. 



Lecture Shading 




Retractable Roof



SketchUp Progression:


After developing these two key elements of my design, I began to focus on the rest of the design. 




At this point in the process, I was struggling to make the bridge look cohesive in its entirety and I was finding that it was looking very cluttered with a lot of different things competing for attention. I then decided to attempt to simplify and streamline my design somewhat, primarily by removing a few buildings and rearguing others. I simplified the design of the main gallery and office building by removing the jagged edge and creating a smooth curve instead. I also relocated the library and workshop building to the rear of the complex. Furthermore, I attempted to use the same materials throughout the various buildings in my design to help make it look more cohesive. 




I feel that my final sketch model is effective in communicating my design intent and that it does look like a complete, harmonious entity with common threads that tie the complex together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment